Ranking factors in Google keep changing, but we need to keep updated ourselves if want to rank high in search results. Google doesn’t reveal the ranking factors of how they rank webpages. But according to the SEO Experts who are working with a large number of clients and analyzing the top ranking websites by doing reverse engineering. As per their estimate, there are 90-200 ranking factors search engines uses to rank websites.
Don’t need to worry about all those, even if you can optimize a few of them will able to give you the results.
In this article, we are trying to cover all those top ranking factors that can boost your current website ranking.
When Google index content they check these factors:
- Content topic and its purpose of creation.
- Content authority, trust – not only the domain all the pages and who had created the content.
- Content depth and quality.
1.1 On-Page Optimization
A Study by Backlinko reveals that long content ranking high than the short length content.
When you write long content, you cover all the topics and questions that searchers are trying to find.
How long content should be, it depends on readers can easily digest.
1.3 Answer Boxes
Optimization for Answer Box need to do the following things:
- First thing first Answer the questions.
- Includes questions in Heading
- Answer the question correctly, it should be crisp not too lengthy
- Pick the keywords already in the answer boxes
- Make them in lists or boxes
2. User Experience
Click-through rate is the percentage of how many times your website or page appeared on search results and the number of clicks you received. Higher the number will help you to get high ranking in that search term.
Improving CTR your Meta Title and Descriptions need to be optimized.
Have you experience when you try to find out something on the search and click on of the results immediately you realize this website you aren’t looking for. You immediately close that tab and get back to another result. That gives a clear signal to the search engines that the website isn’t appropriate for that particular search term.
Google’s pogo-sticking algorithm will try to replace those results who have a high bounce rate.
How many times the user stays on your page.
- Backlinks / Inbound links – As the name suggests links from another website or webpage to your website are the inbound links. The second most important factor for the search engine.
- External Links / Outbound links – The hyperlink that you point to other related websites are the External or Outbound links. Top SEO experts belives it’s more powerful than the Internal links.When giving external links we need to consider these important points:
- Giving links to trusted websites only
- There should be relevancy between your page and the external page
- No ownership relationship between the two
- Internal links – When we connect pice of content to the other pages of the same website. The perfect example is the Wikipedia website. They connected each content with a relevant page.
4. Mobile Device Optimization
Mobile is In the future, we need to take our mobile visitors more seriously. A few years ago Google has started the Mobile-First Index. Mobile brings people closer to technology. A clear opportunity for marketers to reach out to more potential customers. The website should be mobile-friendly.
5. Schema Optimization
Schema tags help search engines to understand the data you’re providing on your webpage that helps you in SEO, especially if you are doing local business.
6. Secure and Safe Website
Use SSL certification on your website, if you want a strong position in search engine. Without SSL showing warning in Chrome, the connection is not secure.